National Origin Discrimination Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
It Should Not Matter Where You Come from in Your Workplace
It is sometimes said that one thing unique about South Florida is that "everybody hates everybody." At The Amlong Firm, in Fort Lauderdale, our lawyers have handled cases of national origin discrimination between Cubans and Puerto Ricans; among Jamaicans, Haitians and American Blacks; and between whites and Hispanics of all origins. In the workplace as in our private lives, South Florida is a melting pot that has not quite melted.
National Origin Discrimination Is Prohibited by Federal Law
Our firm understands national origin discrimination and ethnic discrimination. We also work with experts who understand it. At The Amlong Firm, we have the sophisticated experience you need to fight the negative consequences of national origin discrimination at your workplace. We are here to advocate for the rights of people facing nuanced discrimination based on their national origin, including cases involving:
- Failure to hire someone who is clearly from somewhere other than the United States
- Asking about the origins of a person's surname
- Refusing to promote an employee who is from another country
- Favoring employees who are from the same national origin as the supervisor
- Inequitable discipline policies based on national origin
- Making insensitive remarks such as "you people" when referring to someone from a different national origin
- Requiring every employee to speak only the English language on the job when it may not be necessary to the business
The Amlong Firm's team is a diverse group of professionals dedicated to protecting your rights under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This federal law prohibits employers with 15 or more workers from discriminating against employees based on national origin.
We Can Help You Fight National Origin Discrimination in the Workplace. Call to Learn How.
For immediate legal help, contact us online or give us a call at (954) 953-5490.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings TM fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.