Religious Discrimination Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale
Are You Being Mistreated Because of Your Faith?
South Florida draws a diversity of cultures to live and work in the “Sunshine State." However, the blend of cultures is not always amicable in the workplace. Regardless, each person's unique religious practices are subject to protection under the federal law while working at most jobs.
Many professionals have worked hard to get where they are in their careers. Sometimes these successful physicians, therapists, scientists, university professors, lawyers, financial planners, or sports announcers do not speak out about the discrimination they are facing at their job because they fear termination of their career.
At The Amlong Firm, our religious discrimination attorneys in Fort Lauderdale understand how hard you have worked. We are aggressive advocates for professionals who have encountered the adverse results of religious discrimination at work.
Separation of Church & Workplace
You were hired to get the job done. If your qualifications and job performance meet the job requirements, it does not matter if you are religious or nonreligious. Our lawyers are highly skilled in handling religious discrimination cases. We are here to help those struggling with the consequences of discrimination based on religion.
Here are some signs your employer or manager may be engaged in religious discrimination:
- By disciplining employees differently based on their religious practices
- By passing over someone for a promotion in favor of somebody who practices the same religion as the supervisor or manager
- By making insensitive remarks about Jesus, Allah, Muhammad, Buddha, or any other religious leader
- By not hiring someone who is equally qualified, but practices a different religion
- By harassing an employee for requesting time off to celebrate a religious holiday that is not recognized by the employer
- By harassing teachers of different faiths, such as in a charter school setting
We are highly respected trial lawyers. We stand by our reputation for being willing to try cases in court. Because our opponents know this, we can negotiate for settlements that are usually better than those obtained by lawyers with a reputation for being hesitant to litigate in court.
We Will Fight for Your Right to Be Free from Religious Discrimination
Our Fort Lauderdale religious discrimination attorneys can help clients in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach counties who have been victims of their employer's religious discrimination.